Thursday, September 03, 2009

Not in Kansas Anymore...Wait!

So, tonight after teaching I was planning on checking out this great little seafood place I'd heard about, but since downtown Kansas City has absolutely no free parking, and no meters either - you got it, just those $1/20 minutes places - I decided to go to Chili's instead. First I took in District 9, so I was already a bit giddy when I walked into the restaurant, but nothing compares with the shell shock I received as the couple down the counter lit up. Yes, they were smoking in the restaurant.

Now, I know we Californians are snobs, but I have to say, smoke really does affect the way your food tastes. And even though I'm a libertarian capitalist, I have to admit that, were the law banning smoking in restaurants and bars in California repealed, I'd have to continue enforcing it with my wallet. In any case, I survived, I'm okay, but next time I might move to the other side of the glass. Ridiculous.

In more exciting news, my baby girl finally has a tooth, or so I'm told! I can't wait to see it tomorrow night.

That is all,
Andrew

No comments: