Sunday, July 15, 2007

Wow. Maybe someday I'll actually update this regularly. I don't suppose anybody actually reads it, so it's not about that. But writing sure is a great release for the soul.

A lot has happened since February. Most notably, I proposed to Jenny, and she said yes. We're getting married on September 23, and boy am I excited! The biggest preparation issue I have in front of me is finding a house or something of the sort to rent before then. It's been a blessing to me to see how many people want to offer help in some form or another.

I'm working at Fry's Electronics now, in their service department. I get to work on computers all day, and they give me money for it. The novelty has, of course, worn off, but it's still better than some other options into which I'd checked. There certainly are a lot of varying worldviews floating around at my work. From Universalism to Romanism, New Thought to Islam, it's all I can do to figure out where everyone around me is at. The common denominator seems to be that the worldview tends to serve the believer, and they're in it for the results, the religion, etc. Jesus is such a Friend to me, and so in control of my life, that it's really hard for me to imagine living their way, and it makes me really sad.

I'm rediscovering the joy of reading. I've just finished a book which, while full of great stuff, just didn't drive me to read it more and more. I'm discovering I'm actually decently thirsty for some juicy reading, and as soon as I finish my latest Michael Card book, I'm going to soak up some Chesterton and Moreland.

No comments: